ARE YOU LOOKING FOR HELP AS AN LGBTQ PERSON IN A MENA COUNTRY?
If you’re an LGBTQ+ person in danger of persecution in your home country, the very first steps to get you to safety are critical and must be calculated. ANKH Association team has been able to help more than 40 individuals from the MENA region, but it was the individuals’ responsibility to collect the sufficient information and documents required to identify the danger they were in and take serious measures to protect them.
ANKH is a very small, volunteer-based association so our capacity is limited, but we will do our best to establish different strategies for you and the people you love to be safe. We’re constantly building connections with local communities and global organizations to ensure that we give the best support, and find more secure and convenient options to impacted individuals.
It is important, after you submit your request below, to keep your expectations realistic and remain patient. With the current COVID restrictions and for logistical reasons, the process can take longer than usual.
To ensure that our resources and time are fully dedicated to legitimate LGBTQ+ cases, you will need to gather enough evidence about your situation.
- Court or police records relating to you being LGBTQI+.
- Medical reports relating to you being LGBTQI+.
- Medical report as a result of a homophobic assault/attack.
- Police report as a result of a homophobic assault/attack.
- Anti-LGBTQI+ violence you have experienced.
- Newspaper or media reports in which you are named or pictured.
- Letters of support from friends, family, or past romantic or sexual partner.